Computer Training Centre (UGC-NRC)
UGC Network Resource Centre
Vivekananda College for Women Computer Training Centre started in January, 2002. It's aim to make students computer literate at a very nominal rate. Computer training is being given to students for entry into service. A number of courses were opened to cater to the need of the changing job scenario.
At the initial stage this computer training centre had only two computers with internet connection. Under 9th five years plan period UGC sponsored a computer and the college provided another computer. During 10th plan period UGC sponsored one computer and College added another 5 computers and during 11th plan UGC sponsored one computer and College added 3 computers. At present this computer training centre has 12 computers, 2 printers, one scanner and 50 students.
The computer training centre has been registered and students get their certificate after completion of their courses.
At present the following courses are offered to the students:
1. Basic computer knowledge.
3. Web page design
4. Basic programming knowledge
5. Basic internet knowledge.
- Study materials are given to the students for their convenience in computer practices.
- A collection of books on basic computer application which are regularly issued to the students.
- Printing and scanning facilities are also available for the students at cheap rate
- Computer related basic materials are also available in cheap rate like CD, DVD etc.
- Students time for computer classes are adjusted with their leisure hour.
- A qualified permanent computer trainer trains the students.